Saturday, June 19, 2010

I liked my whole vacation!

So my friend Christi posted this video on her facebook when we were in Barbados:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

Ruco and I watched the video of this cutie patootie together, and thought it was hilarious!!!  So, in honor of her, this is how I would describe our recent R & R trip:

Now, our whole vacation was GREAT! We did everything good! I liked Barbados! I liked everything! I liked the seafood! I liked the beaches! I liked the sea turtles we saw! I liked our hotel on the beach! I liked Ruco! I liked him surfing! I liked snorkeling! I liked our alone time! I liked Ruco teaching me how to surf! I. LIKED. MY. WHOLE. VACATION! We can do anything GOOD! yea yea yea!!!!

Hopefully, you were able to watch the  video. If not, I'm sure this blog post was really awkward. haha.

Here are a few of the photos of our trip...it was so awesome to get away just the two of us!

the beach....coffee... i'm good to go!

beautiful beaches!

artsy shot-BARBADOS!

sea turtles are the coolest!

 again, love our coffee!!

Funny car we rented (moke)-no doors!!

My handsome hubby!


We laid out on this beach until sunset, and were the only ones there...


My surfer boy...

Honestly, the best dinner date we have ever had!

On our way to the Friday night fish fry~

So that was our sweet getaway trip! We are now back in Haiti, and are really enjoying being back! We are still waiting on news about Ruco's FLAS award, and once we find out, we will make a decision about whether or not we will go to grad school in the States. Our plan for now: if Ruco gets it-California, here we come! If Ruco doesn't get it-we would like to stay in the field (Haiti? or elsewhere?) and do online masters studies. It is an exciting time for us...especially since we don't know where God will lead us to live 1 1/2 months from now! But He has always made our paths clear in the past, and we know He will guide and lead us where we are supposed to be in the fall...:)

4 comments:

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Bahahhaha, I just peed my pants a little.

Jo said...

I'm so glad you guys got such a much needed vacation! I bet it was so great to finally be alone with your hubby! Also, I saw that video a while ago and thought it was hysterical. (Ok, I follow Ryan Seacrest on Twitter, and he posted it. Don't judge me!) I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. You definitely know the art of living. What an inspiration!

Cassie said...

What an amazing trip! You guys are making some incredible memories (with beautiful pictures)!!