Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let no one seek his own...

My great-grandfather passed away recently. He was 99, and left behind quite a legacy. The service was beautiful...Dan Findley did a great job, and I was so happy to be there. My grandfather was so ready to go be with the Lord!

Because of funeral, I was able to go home for a few days to be in Florida.. It is so nice to be working in Haiti...such a short plane trip home! I was blessed with the time spent with my family. I was especially encouraged by my brothers this visit home. They picked me up at the airport...and I almost cried seeing them there. I really love them both so much, and had missed them. During dinner, and during the drive from Jacksonville to Starke, they told me all about their homeless ministry on Thursday nights. Every Thursday, they seek out the homeless and broken. They talk to them about God's love and ask to pray with them. They also bring them meals that usually my Aunt Gwen and mom have put together. They are SO passionate about living out their faith, and being a testimony to all men of God's amazing love and grace. I loved having so many awesome conversations with my youngest brother, Kaleb. He truly longs to see others come to know and love Jesus. He says he regularly hangs out with around 40 guys and they fellowship and share together about their faith. When I hear this verse, I think about him. "Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well being." 1 Corinthians 10:24. So proud of those boys! I know how easy it can be to just live a self-focused life, but thankfully, I see my brothers seeking after Jesus, and striving to live outside of themselves!!!



K and his sweet nephew Noah
Mom (GiGi) and her cutie grandson!
Serious baby kidnappers!
My brothers, nephew and I. Words don't describe the love I have for them!
Uncle Al! My favorite uncle!
Noah boy...
My mom, brothers, nephew, Auntie Gwen, and myself.
Can you tell I think K hung the moon? 'Cause I do.

1 comment:

grandmama said...

well my darling girl, what a beautiful blog about your visit home..you are blessed with amazing family and i likewise am blessed th have you all as my grandchildren who love Jesus soooo much. i thank God everyday for you all.thanks for posting it was a heart blog to me.....