Monday, October 11, 2010

The Blues come to the Bay!

This weekend was wonderful-I would say our best weekend yet here in the Bay Area! We went to see the blue angels on Saturday in San Francisco. It was very funny for us to see them for the first time in a place other than Pensacola! We very much felt like they were OUR blue angels (because they are based in my hometown-Pensacola, FL), and we were just letting everyone else play with them for a little while! ha!

Here I am walking towards the blues

I also got to try the famous clam chowder from Fisherman's Wharf for the first time. I waited a LOOONG time for that--since Ruco came back from his California trip in Summer 2003 and told me how wonderful it was. It did NOT disappoint. I love clam chowder.
There was a live band playing when this photo was shot, I promise I am not crazy (well not entirely).

Ruco and I are constantly in awe of the beautiful place that God is allowing us to live for the next 2 + years.
The VERY large crabs for sale at Fisherman's Wharf. I REALLY wanted to try the crab sandwich...next time.


We also found a very funny vintage arcade museum. Here we are posing like our friends in the display cases. Ruco thinks he looks deranged in his photo. hmm.

pier 39!
If you look really close, you can see the blues flying in the background.

And I was so proud of this-my first sea lion spotting! I am sure there will be many more where that came from, but I was a tad excited.


Alcatraz! We wanted to go on a boat tour to get closer, but our BFF from The Gambia (Dan) is coming to visit us next month, so we are saving that outing for when he comes.

Lots of military paraphernalia since it was "Fleet Week"

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I really like the new layout :) You two take the cutest pictures together!

Jo said...

Tori, I loved all these pictures! Your new home just looks SO beautiful to me! I want to go so so so so bad. You also look gorgeous! I love you!

Heather said...

I'm loving the last picture so much!!! HA! You really look so macho! :) I would be excited about seeing sea lions too! Keep taking pictures of them for your animal lover BFF! :) I am so glad y'all had a great time and got to see the Blues! How awesome is that?!

miya said...

I know i may seem like a creep but I promise I'm not! (:
i just came up on your blog randomly.
hehe.
You are super pretty!
I live like right near all these places you went to.
I like your layout & all the pictures you got are great.