Saturday, October 15, 2011

Firemen and Tiffany's!

Sorry I have been kind of MIA the last few months. Life has been a bit hectic with my work, and with training for my first ever half-marathon. I've been training and raising funds for the last 5 months with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Team in Training). With the help of my amazing friends/family/colleagues, we raised $1,849 for LLS!!! And I am so grateful to each of you who helped me with my goal. It has truly been the BEST experience, and I would wholeheartedly recommend doing "Team in Training." 

I am running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco TOMORROW!! I love that it is really geared towards women. At the end of the race, there will be firemen in tuxes handing out Tiffany's necklaces to all who finish (I know...ridiculous)! There will be 20,000 of us tomorrow morning lining up in Union Square!!! I feel like it is Christmas...I am SO excited to run with my TNT friends. God has provided me with such an awesome opportunity to meet so many wonderful people here in the Bay Area (when I still felt new to the area). He has also allowed me to be opened up to another world entirely, and to realize that there are things I can do to serve him and love on others wherever in the world I am!!! I have had a blast!

Here's what I've been up to:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/nikesf11/kvandermer

LOVE from the Bay Area!

No comments: