Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dreams...


There is so much to say about the last month and a half. I have been in South Africa and Namibia (the two countries where my husband grew up) for the very first time. It has really been a dream come true for me. I have met many of Ruco's extended family (aunts, uncles, and cousins) for the first time. We were also able to spend some wonderful quality time with Ruco's grandma in Cape Town. I got to see the hospital where Ruco was born in Cape Town, the house he lived in, and even the area of South Africa where my father-in-law's family comes from.  We are currently in Swakopmund, Namibia and have loved spending time with Ruco's mom, dad, and brother. Its been so great for me to finally get to SEE the places and MEET the people that I've heard so much about for the last 10 years. It really was SO special for me!

Ruco's grandmother grew up in this old farmhouse in South Africa!

Stellenbosch-where Ruco's parents went to college and met! It's beautiful wine country.

Ruco's dad's side of the family in Oudtshoorn, South Africa

I am blessed to have spent so much time getting to know my husband's culture and traveling through Southern Africa and  SouthEast Asia this summer. It has been an incredible 3 months, but I must say that I am DEFINITELY ready to have our own place and be settled again. Last night I had this CRAZY dream that my teeth were all loose and about to fall out. I could wiggle them and knew that they were about to all fall out. It was terrifying and so vivid...haha! I don't think I've EVER looked up the meaning of a dream, but I looked up Christian symbols in dreams, and the website I found talked about how if you dream about teeth being loose, you may be anxious about transition or change in your life/feeling unsettled. hmm...

I have definitely been feeling unsettled. It's been great fun traveling all around, but I am SO ready to get to Kenya and start building our life there. Ruco is also excited about starting his job...he is the new "food assistance advisor" for Samaritan's Purse. We will be based in Nairobi, but Ruco will be traveling to all offices where SP operates food programming to offer insight/training, etc. I think the role is perfect for him and he will do great. I am continuing my online MPH degree, and am hoping to either work part-time or find volunteer work. I am praying about that one, but I know God has the perfect opportunity already lined up for me. He is so faithful.

I am amazed at the way that He takes care of us. Even though it feels like we are continuously starting over in new places, He always provides. He always provides friends and a church family to surround us, and a place to call home. I have faith that He will once again make provisions for us in Nairobi and we will find "home" there.  Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" I know it's so true. We are His children that He loves! Of course He is going to provide for us in this new place!

Thanks for your prayers! We love you all!


My brother in law and I at the family's old farmhouse

Got to visit the southernmost point of Africa!

Ruco and I at the southernmost tip of Africa.

sigh...I love South Africa!!



3 comments:

grandmama said...

my darling girl, what beautiful stories you have to pass on to those you love..you have shared your heart so many times, i do think you should consider writing a book...God is surely taking you on the journey of a lifetime...my prayers are with you as you leave your safe haven and begin this new chapter...i love you dearly

Leanne said...

Wow!!! What an incredible adventure y'all have been on! Excited for you and cannot wait to follow along on your Kenya journey! Praying for you.

123 said...

Red Bottom Shoes which absolutely like the absolute freshest kinds wish the absolute acid wrinkles and aswell aggressive afflatus associated with Louboutin boots and shoes. Girls which shouldnt angle out huge amounts, but still has to be stylish, carapace out accurately. red bottom shoes A lot of of these women of all ages adjudge at broad prices Louboutin footwear. Cunning barter usually do not admittance this affectionate of assessment of high-finish developer boots backpack gone this by putting on about absolutely one of the a lot of deluxe. Women that will attending for custom fabricated shoes or boots application a prime way innovator amount out how to accommodate the shoes and boots.shoes with red bottom